Setting Up a Blog on WordPress.com
- Go to wordpress.com (Use Google Chrome or Firefox)
- Click Get Started (if you do not already have a wordpress blog. If you do, then sign in)
- Enter your email address (if you do not have an email address, then create a free one on gmail.com)
- Choose a username (one that you will remember)
- Choose a password (one that you will remember)
- Create a URL address (this must be school appropriate)
- Choose a FREE blog – do not choose one that costs money
- Click Create Blog (the free one)
- Title your overall blog your first and last name only. Nothing more please.
- Go to Dashboard – Settings – General – Time Zone – Change to UTC -5 (This step is very important. If your time clock is not set correctly, then your posts and comments might be considered late.)
- Click Save Changes
- Go to Appearances – Themes –Choose Big Brother. No other theme should be used for this blog.
- Click Activate